International Citizen Service (ICS) is a three month volunteering programme led by VSO run in partnership with Pravah ; funded by the UK Government.
Pravah ICS aims to bring about personal development of the volunteers, and inspire active citizenship through working on and contributing to impactful projects in rural communities.
As a Pravah ICS volunteer you will –
- Work as part of a team of 20 to 30 volunteers from UK and India
- Be placed in a rural community in India
- Work on various grassroots development projects
- Live with local families in the villages
- Develop new skills for work and life.
If you are:
- An Indian national
- Between 18 and 25 years of age
- Committed and motivated
- A team player
- Up for a challenging experience
- And have spoken knowledge of English and/or Hindi
You can also apply as an Pravah ICS Team Leader, if you meet the following criteria:
- Be 23 to 35 years of age
- Be committed to attend and co-facilitate all trainings (with additional trainings for Team Leaders)
- Ability to plan logically and manage a varied workload
- Ability to work flexibly and on your own initiative
- Be willing to challenge yourself, adapt to different situations and lead a team.
- Have some experience of working with young people and teams.
- Be fluent in English and/ or Hindi
For more information:
Information leaflet - ICS_HINDI
Information leaflet - English
Application form English
Application form Hindi