Communications takes lead in coordinating the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Communications function of Pravah and ensures the active participation of other team members in it. The Coordinator also provides strategic and operational leadership and translates project plans to implementation.
Location: New Delhi
As the Associate Coordinator, you will do:
1. Programme Execution
• Build awareness about Pravah and its programmes we are offering to the relevant target groups using diverse medium of communication – e.g.,websites, blogs, newsletters, press, publications and new development in the ICT sector.
• Develop and maintain Pravah’s websites, including managing content.
• Write (in English and Hindi) content for Pravah's publications and websites.
• Analyze, document and write reports and articles on relevant issues for Pravah’s publications and websites.
• Support your team leader to build awareness about Pravah and its programmes we are offering to the relevant target groups using diverse media – e.g.,websites, blogs, newsletters, press, publications, etc.
• Arrange logistics and lend support in designing, organizing and executing various communication-related processes within programmes, and events.
• Help develop deep, long term and mutually beneficial partnerships with individuals, organizations, media, service providers (designers, printers, web experts, etc.) and others. This will entail searching for suitable partners, assessing their strengths, exploring areas of collaboration, developing agreement, coordinating the delivery of agreed goals, etc.
2. Knowledge Creation and Maintenance
• Create and maintain appropriate databases.
• Build and maintain an archive of Pravah’s communication materials.
• Maintain appropriate files and documentation of the function and its processes.
• Ensure review, documentation and circulation of information related to various communication processes.
3. Organisational Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Programme Coordinator to set up and execute administrative systems relevant to the Communications function.
• Prepare work-plans for smooth functioning of the function and report on progress periodically.
• Mobilize resources, raise funds, report to funders and manage budgets when required to.
• Participate effectively in organizational trainings, review and planning exercises, meetings and retreats.
• Recruit, train and supervise voluntary workers if needed, maximising their contribution to the communication function through effective management of their time and resources.
• Undertake any other duty that may be assigned by your team.
We are looking for a person, with
• A post graduate degree/diploma (preferably in Mass Communication, Development Communication, Literature or Journalism) with 0-2 years of relevant work experience in a challenging environment.
• The Skills and interest in finding fun in everything s/he does - from coordinating with service providers for web maintenance/publishing a newsletter to writing content for a publication to supplying necessary information to other teams, to checking quality of communication materials, to culling out content from program reports. The role is diverse and s/he will have undertake a gamut of tasks with equal ease and competence
• Ability to multi-task – take up and efficiently execute different types of tasks simultaneously.
• A flair for writing and designing/coordinating aesthetic design of publications.
• Excellent oral and written English and Hindi communication skills for a variety of audiences along with an active passion for writing.
• Good IT skills, preferably with web designing (html, Photoshop, CMS etc) and a passion for new technology.
• Willingness to experiment.
• Ability to inspire and be inspired to be open to learning, think out of the box and wish to connect with people.
• Reasonable understanding of development perspectives and issues of social justice.
• Planning and organisational skills to manage a varied workload.
** We are looking for people who are willing to make a minimum of a 2 year commitment to Pravah.
Please send us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post to Pooja Prakash, Pravah, C24B, IInd Floor, Kalkaji, New Delhi – 110019 along with,
• Cover letter, maximum 1 page, highlighting your experience related to the post you have applied for
• Your current emoluments and expected salary.
• Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your letter