We are looking for Associate coordinators in SMILE, Adolescent Intervention, Change Looms and Partner Cell
SMILE offers young people various opportunities to engage with issues of social justice through experiential learning methodologies and creative media. It facilitates a journey of personal transformation for young people and develops their skills to explore, understand and influence change in society on issues they are passionate about. We do this through interactive workshops, hands on exposure to urban and rural social realities through camps (within and outside Delhi) as well as interventions that enhance young people’s skills to impact social change.
Our Adolescent intervention, aims to build leadership for social change among adolescents through lifeskills and active citizenship education. . We facilitate adolescents to look beyond themselves and fulfil roles as socially responsible citizens through various curriculum. From Me to We builds life skills in adolescents, facilitates them to deal with conflicts positively, and equips them with the skills to become active citizens. Friendship Udankhatola (FUN) Camp takes urban adolescents to live with a village community for a week. Here, the adolescents interact with the communities and gain exposure to local development issues while they break stereotypes and learn to appreciate diversity.
Change Looms is a programme that supports those young people (18-27) and teams who have set up and are running independent initiatives and projects for social change. Through the Change Looms programme we offer training and skill building on personal and organisational development to these young people. We also provide mentoring support, opportunity to network with other young changemakers and social sector leaders.
The Streaming function was set up in 2006 as an initiative to enhance the collective work of Pravah and similar organizations towards advocating for youth development and active citizenship for social change. Our areas of support to partner organizations (youth-led or otherwise) include program development, instructional design, facilitation and delivery. We also offer our experience in organizational development of youth organisation in areas such as human resource, strategic planning, organisational culture building etc.
All the posts are located in New Delhi.
As the Associate Coordinator, you will:
- Mobilize youth participation
- Execute efficient systems for smooth running of the programme
- Lend support in designing, organizing and executing the programme, processes including workshops, exposure trips, volunteer, placements, events etc
- Create and maintain appropriate databases
- Ensure review, documentation and circulation of information related to respective programmes
- Work closely with the Programme Coordinator to set up and execute operational systems relevant to your programme
- Mobilize resources and manage budgets as required
- Participate in organizational trainings, review and planning exercises, meetings and retreats.
We are looking for a person, with
- A postgraduate degree in any discipline. A graduate with exciting work experiences that can be brought into this space of working with youth like volunteering, theatre, music, puppetry etc may also apply.
- Very good interpersonal skills, passion to work with young people and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to inspire and be inspired, openness to learning, think out of the box and connect with people
- An understanding of various development and social perspectives with a commitment to issues of social justice
- Willingness to travel extensively (to remote rural areas if required) and work flexible hours and weekends
- Experience of managing logistics, databases and computer based communications
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Capacity to work hard and keep commitments.
We are looking for people who are willing to make a minimum of a 2 year commitment to Pravah.
Please send us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post to Meghamala Sengupta, Pravah, C24B, IInd Floor, Kalkaji, New Delhi – 110019 along with:
- Cover letter, maximum 1 page, highlighting your experience related to the post you have applied for.
- Your current emoluments and expected salary
- Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your letter
If you wish to apply for multiple posts, please indicate all the positions you are applying for clearly on the SUBJECT LINE of your mail. (PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CV MORE THAN ONCE EVEN IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MORE THAN ONE POST)
Short listing for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been short listed for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 8 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current Pravah positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.